St. James’ Church

St. James' Anglican Church, Hudon

St. James’ Anglican Church, Hudson

 

Regular and Summer Services Schedule

Together Ensemble / Messy Church
– For children up to age 12
– Held monthly, every third Saturday, from 4:00-6:00pm in St. James’ Hall
– There is no children’s program at Christmas, Easter or during the months of July and August.

Summer Day Camp
– An ecumenical day camp to help encourage young families to connect with the church; Held the last week of July

Activities
– St. James’ forms an integral part of the community of Hudson and surrounding areas

A brief summary of our almost 175-year history

1990’s – several acres of land on the south side of Main Road opposite St. James’ was donated to add space to the cemetery for burials after cremation

1960 – the addition of a large hall overlooking the Ottawa River and the grounds of the rectory further extended the Memorial Hall

1950 – an extension called the Memorial Hall was added to St. James’ Church

1842 – next to the Free Public Protestant Burial Ground in Hudson Heights, some land was donated and more was purchased so that St. James’ Church could be erected next to the cemetery.

1841 – in October of 1841, Bishop Mountain, Anglican Bishop of Montreal, appointed the Reverend James Pyke as the incumbent of the newly formed Parish of Vaudreuil.  There was no formal church at the time, the place of worship being a log schoolhouse in the village of what is now Hudson.