St. Mary’s Church
Regular and Summer Services Schedule
Numerous year-round community activities take place using the church hall as St. Mary’s forms an integral part of the community of Hudson and its surrounding areas.
Together Ensemble /Messy Church
– For children up to age 12
– Held monthly, every third Saturday, from 4:00-6:00 pm in St. James’ Hall
– There is no children’s program at Christmas, Easter or during the months of July and August.
A brief summary of our 150-year history
1989 – through the tireless efforts of parishioners and friends, funds were donated and a new hall was completed in October
1988 – a devastating fire burned St. Mary’s Church Hall to the ground
1975 – land to the west and south of the church property was gifted to St. Mary’s by the Elliott-Gales family. A portion of this land is now used for burial after cremation and a stone memorial wall was erected on which to place memorial plaques
1879 – the Gibb family built a hall to accommodate the St. Mary’s Sunday School and bequeathed it to the Parish of Vaudreuil
1875 – the burial ground to the south and west of the Church was dedicated
1866 – land was purchased and the construction of St. Mary’s Church began. On May 20th 1866, the corner stone was laid.
1860 – By this time, the area known as Como (five kilometers east of Hudson Heights) began to grow. As those people found St. James’ to be too long a walk or bumpy wagon ride away, it was decided they should build another, smaller church in Como.