Diocese of Montreal >>
The Diocese of Montreal is one of many in the Anglican Church of Canada.
The Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Montreal is the Right Reverend Mary Irwin-Gibson. She is continuing with the tradition of her predecessor by sharing Diocesan news via a monthly newsletter. This newsletter will appear under the Bishop’s Announcements tab.
In addition, the Programme Office of the Anglican Diocese of Montreal sends out periodic event notices, or Diocesan “happenings”, and those too will be posted here under the News from around the Diocese page. Monthly we will add a note to our News posts to remind you to check the Diocesan events as well. Many of them will interest you, and many are within reach and held on the West Island.
- There was a prominent Native Peoples prayer and invocation accompanied by drumming and dance.
- There were liturgical dancers using the space below the chancel steps, and
- the service was conducted from the front altar in the chancel. This allowed room for several bishops of the Canadian church, leaders of other faiths, and the many priests and deacons required to provide communion for the congregation.
- There was awe-inspiring music from the organist, Patrick Wedd, and the Cathedral Choir.
- The whole service was video-taped and can be viewed here.
- Photos from a member of the congregation can be viewed in the Parish photo albums.
- Please pray for Bishop Mary Irwin-Gibson as she leads this Diocese.