Canadian Bible Society Guidelines for Study
Click here for a Daily Bible Reading guide
Prayer for November 16th from the Common Lectionary:
Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant us so to hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that we may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Tips from the Canadian Bible Society to make your Bible reading experience meaningful:
- Pray for God’s leading as you read His word
- Read the passage quickly for sense
- Identify key words and phrases. Are there words or thoughts that are repeated throughout the passage?
- Read the passage again and ask yourself what is the intent or purpose of the passage
- What do you learn about God from the passage?
- Re-read the passage one more time
- Thank God for what He has shown you and ask for help as you seek to apply this lesson in your life
- Share what you have learned with someone else. You can do this with your family or a friend. You may also share your thoughts with the CBS online community
Tips are taken from a CBS email received after signing up for a daily reading email alert.